Can I appeal the decision of my veterans’ benefits denial?

If you have been denied veterans’ benefits, you may appeal the decision. The first step in the appeals process is to file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD) with the Regional Office that made the decision. The NOD must be filed within one year of the date of the denial letter.

You should include a copy of the denial letter and any other documents that support your case with the NOD. You should also include a statement explaining why you disagree with the decision and why you believe you are entitled to benefits.

After you file the NOD, the Regional Office will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your appeal. The letter will also inform you of which office will handle your appeal and what steps to take next.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *